This privacy notice tells you about the information we collect from you when you interact with our website or during your stay in our hotels. In collecting this information, we are acting as a data controller and, by law, we are required to provide you with information about us, why and how we use your data, and the rights you have over your data.
Who are we?
bluegr Hotels & Resorts is a private family-owned hotel & tourism company that was envisioned and founded by its CEO Gina Mamidakis. The company’s aim was to elevate luxury holidays to a whole new level of indulgence by introducing an experience breakthrough for 4 star and 5 star hotels in Greece supported by the 3 pillars of quality tourism: exceptional service, hospitality excellence and breath-taking locations.
TEIM BLUEGR SA is based in Agios Nikolaos Crete, Akti Ilia Sotirchou. Zip: 72100, VAT: 094014077, Tax office Agiou Nikolaou. Our Athens office is in Heraklion at Peukon 107 street Zip:14122
What kind of data do we collect?
- Personal data: “Personal Data” are data that identify you as an individual or relate to an identifiable individual. At touchpoints throughout your guest journey, we collect Personal Data in accordance with law, such as:
- Other data: “Other Data” are data that generally do not reveal your specific identity or do not directly relate to an individual. To the extent Other Data reveal your specific identity or relate to an individual, we will treat Other Data as Personal Data. Other Data include: Browser and device data, app usage data, data collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies, demographic data and other data provided by you, aggregated data.
From the time of the booking until the time of check out bluegr collects data to make your stay memorable. We collect the below list of data:
Name, Gender, Postal address, Telephone number, Email address, Credit and debit card number or other payment data, Financial information in limited circumstance, Language preference, Date and place of birth, Nationality, passport, visa or other government-issued identification data Important dates, such as birthdays, anniversaries and special occasions, Membership or loyalty program data (including co-branded payment cards, travel partner program affiliations), Employer details, Travel itinerary, tour group or activity data Prior guest stays or interactions, goods and services purchased, special service and amenity requests, Geolocation information, Social media account ID, profile photo and other data publicly available, or data made available by linking your social media and loyalty accounts.
In more limited circumstances, we may also collect: Data about family members and companions, such as names and ages of children, Biometric data, such as digital images and video and audio data via: (a) security cameras located in public areas, such as hallways and lobbies, in our properties;
Guest preferences and personalized data (“Personal Preferences”), such as your interests, activities, hobbies, food and beverage choices, services and amenities of which you advise us or which we learn about during your visit.
Note: If you submit any Personal Data about other people to us or our Service Providers (e.g., if you make a reservation for another individual), you represent that you have the authority to do so and you permit us to use the data in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
How do we collect this information?
We collect personal and other data in various ways:
Personal Data collection:
- Online Services. We collect Personal Data when you make a reservation, purchase goods and services from our Websites or Apps, communicate with us, or otherwise connect with us or post to social media pages, or sign up for a newsletter or participate in a survey, contest or promotional offer.
- Property Visits and Offline Interactions. We collect Personal Data when you visit our properties or use on-property services and outlets, such as restaurants, concierge services, health clubs, child care services, and spas. We also collect Personal Data when you attend promotional events that we host or in which we participate, or when you provide your Personal Data to facilitate an event.
- Other Sources. We collect Personal Data from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners and other third parties.
- Internet-Connected Devices. We collect Personal Data from internet-connected devices available in our properties. For example, a smart home assistant may be available for your use and to tailor your accommodations and experience.
- Physical & Mobile Location-Based Services. We collect Personal Data if you download one of our Apps or choose to participate in certain programs. For example, we may collect the precise physical location of your device by using satellite, cell phone tower, WiFi signals, or other technologies. We will collect this data if you opt in through the App or other program (either during your initial login or later) to receive the special offers and to enable location-driven capabilities on your mobile device. If you have opted-in, the App or other program will continue to collect location data when you are in or near a participating property until you log off or close application (i.e., the App or other program will collect this data if it is running in the background) or if you use your phone’s or other device’s setting to disable location capabilities for the App or other program.
Note: Our provided services are not directed to individuals under the age of sixteen (16), and we request that they not provide Personal Data through the Services.
Other Data Collection:
- Your browser or device.We collect certain data through your browser or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or apple), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Online Services (such as the Apps) you are using. We use this data to ensure that the Online Services function properly.
- Your use of the Apps.We collect certain data when you download and use an App, such as App usage data, the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers and what data and files have been downloaded to the App based on your device number
- IP Address.We collect your IP address, a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files when a user accesses the Online Services, along with the time of the visit and the pages that were visited. We use IP addresses to calculate usage levels, diagnose server problems and administer the Online Services. We also may derive your approximate location from your IP address.
- Aggregated Data.We may aggregate data that we collected, and this aggregated data will not personally identify you or any other user.
Why do we collect this information?
We will use your information, with your consent, to send you updates that are tailored to your needs. As well as to make your stay better and easier. If you do not consent to our use of your information, we will not be able to send you this information.
We use the information to serve your stay in the bellow ways:
Billing and payment: Full name, credit card number, cc expiration date, ccv code
Hotel operations: allergies, reply of the guest satisfaction survey and preferences survey.
Marketing & Communications: Full name, birthdate, email address, reply of the guest satisfaction survey and preferences survey.
What do we do with your information?
We handle your data with care and respect. Our systems are in Greece, information provided to TEIM BLUEGR SA will be stored in Greece. If you do not consent to continue receiving future communications, your information that we presently hold will not be stored in our database. We will not use the information to make any automated decisions that might affect you.
In order to provide you with the highest level of hospitality, and meet your needs, we share Personal and Other Data with the following:
Linked Accounts and Promotional Activity.
Other uses and disclosures
We will use and disclose Personal Data as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including authorities outside your country of residence and to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect the rights, privacy,and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We may use and disclose Other Data for any purpose, except where we are not allowed to under applicable law. In some instances, we may combine Other Data with Personal Data (such as combining your name with your location). If we do, we will treat the combined data as Personal Data as long as it is combined.
Non- bluegr Hotels & Resorts Entities
This Privacy Statement does not address, and we are not responsible for the privacy, data or other practices of any entities outside of the bluegr Hotels and Resorts, Strategic Business Partners or any third party operating any site or service to which the Services link, payment service, loyalty program, or website that is the landing page of the high-speed Internet providers at our properties. The inclusion of a link on the Online Services does not imply endorsement of the linked site or service by us. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, any third party’s collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Data.
In addition, we are not responsible for the data collection, use, disclosure or security policies or practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including with respect to any Personal Data you disclose to other organizations through or the Apps or our Social Media Pages.
3rd Party Advertisers
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may interest you when you access and use the Online Services, other websites or online services. To serve such advertisements, these companies place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through use of pixel tags). If you would like more information about this practice, and to learn about your choices in connection with it, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and http://www.aboutads.info/. To opt out of the practice, you may download the AppChoices app at www.aboutads.info/appchoices.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Data. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us“ section, below.
Links to other Websites
In order to anticipate your needs, our website provides links to other web sites and third parties for your convenience and information. We are not responsible for the collection, use, maintenance, sharing or disclosure of data (including personal data) by such third parties. We encourage you to contact these third parties to ask questions about their privacy practices, policies and security measures before disclosing any personal data. We recommend that you review the privacy statements and policies of linked web sites to understand how those web sites collect, use and store information.
How long do we keep your information?
If you have given consent, we will continue to use your information to send you further communications until you unsubscribe. In order to ensure the accuracy of our records, we may keep your information in our database unless you ask us to erase it. In any event, we will not use that information to send marketing communications to EU residents in the absence of consent or another accepted legal basis. You can learn more about the GDPR regulation on their website here.
Your rights over your information:
By law, you can ask us what information we hold about you, and you can ask us to correct it if it is inaccurate.
You can also ask for it to be erased and you can ask for us to give you a copy of the information.
You can also ask us to stop using your information—the simplest way to do this is to withdraw your consent, which you can do at any time, either by clicking the unsubscribe link at the end of any newsletter, or by emailing, writing or telephoning us using the contact details above.
Your right to complain
If you are a resident of the EU and have a complaint about our use of your information, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office via its website at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/